Just a few pics of some scrapers we hauled last week. These things are pretty neat but boy they needed some work. First one we loaded went pretty well and came off in the same fashion. The second was so slick. The front engine would run but had no transmission. The back engine would run but had some terrible air leaks and would only throttle in short bursts. Needless to say loading went ok but offloading wasn't so good. We had their people off load because they had "more experience". The operator had both engines going and for some reason begins to rock the machine. This resulted in running over our new aluminum oversize sign and almost landing on our booster. After this fiasco he decides to pull the machine off the trailer with his Dodge pickup. It was working well for the first 18 inches until he started off into the well and picked up speed. The "operator", panicked and jerked the machine hard to the left and fell right off the trailer. This resulted in a huge gash into our deck along with a foul smell around our transport?? Enough said, heres the pics.
Wow nice float. What do you have for power in it? That unloading must have been something to see. Wish you could have got a pic of their faces on the machine and in the pickup when it took off
More Crusher Spread I have to say I was really impressed with this Pioneer crusher. It handled some big rocks and didn't bat an eye. Can't say so much for the screening plant though. We trained the belt over and over and over. End result would be the darn thing would work fine for a couple of hours and without warning, run off track. We got through the different jobs, sandstone, concrete, and cinder rock without to much trouble other than the darn belt issues. :beatsme
Thanks Paystar. That truck has a C15 in it with an 18spd. The fella in the picture is the driver and boy does he take care of it. I'm always nervous to drive it when he is off on vacation or such because I may put a ding in it. I wish we had some pics of the off loading too. It was some experience.
Nice lowboy, but did you NEED that big of unit to move a 14? Or is that what you have so you use it for all? nice looking crusher spread, there are alot of days I wish I had our EXTEC set up when stripping to clean up the black dirt and some of the less rocky clay to make more ready to sell. Looks like a nice system. Trbo