Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HD 11 E issues

diggingfish ยท 2011-11-11 17:56

I bought an old HD11 a week ago, runs great but all I have is reverse gears and nothing else. I am not familiar with the tractor at all and am in need of any advice. I am not sure what all is hydraulic on this tractor and what is not. The high low lever does not seem to move. (would it remain frozen if the clutch is not operating correctly?) why do I not get anything when I chose a forward gear? also the steering clutches are not working (I noticed that the steering clutches are in the same unit as the high low) How much trouble am I in? or what am I missing?

Replies5
  1. #1D6 Merv2011-11-25 15:56

    If hi/lo is in neutral you will not have any fwd gears; only rev ones. hi/low only works in the 3 fwd gears giving you 6f/3r

  2. #2hector gemme2011-11-26 05:54

    Your stering cluchs should need adjustement

  3. #3diggingfish2011-12-03 21:09

    Thanks Thanks a ton. Now I feel super dumb and glad to feel that way. I will have to go check this out. The high low handle had been wired into a certain position so I'm not sure if there is an issue there but what you described sounds like my issue. I will have to go check that out asap and let you know.

  4. #4diggingfish2011-12-03 21:15

    The clutch system was low on fluid. Plus the clutches were a little stuck from sitting I guess. a little bumping in around in low gear did the trick. (just in time I was running out of real estate with a tractor that would not turn and would not go forward. Thanks

  5. #5hector gemme2011-12-04 09:26

    Your hd11e should have stering cluch dry and have hydrolic booster and maybe the booster hydrolic pump is missing oil or she is too worn