Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

build a motocross track in 1000 easy steps

egoman ยท 2011-11-13 16:58

I have taken the best of 2 years to build this track and I will lay this out for you guys over the next few days. A buddy and myself decided that we wanted our own riding area and I would be just the guy to build it. Kinda fair seeing as he has the actual land that we are building on. I also supplied the dozer, which is what makes this relevant to this forum. Yes for all of you that have been anxiously waiting the suprise dozer will be making an appearance. The first thing to do is a rough sketch of what you hope to accomplish(note that I said hope). Of course when we are finished it wont look too much like this. http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68389&st=0 Sorry guys I dont know how to transfer this stuff yet so you have to go here.

Replies3
  1. #1egoman2011-11-13 17:00

    Another problem ,or task as I prefer to call it is to get accurate measurements of what you have to deal with. This was all laid out with a 100ft tape measure stakes and the help of the egonephew. ______Go to previous post to see the thread.___________________________________

  2. #2RonG2011-11-14 06:30

    I was sent to a motorcross site with a dozer to remove it and put the land back exactly the way that it was originally.The first time that I saw the site was the day I moved the 650 to it. My boss belonged to a club who built the track and due to a miscommunication of some sort the track had to go and the land had to be returened to it's original configuration. When I finished it was approved by somebody (owner?) who said that it looked like it did years ago and that he was happy. About all you had to go by was the lay of the land and the seams of different soil in the ground.Take plenty of pictures before you start.Ron G

  3. #3egoman2011-11-14 10:09

    What?????????