A couple of weeks ago we were driving back to the hotel from a safety class we had to take for the pipeline job we were doing (installing corrosion protection on a gas line) I spotted out of the corner of my eye what looked to be a pair of HD41's. A return trip later yielded 5 HD41's, an HD31, and a bunch of other old iron in various stages of decomposition.
Probably all been gutted thru the years till there were not enough parts left to get any of them to run. There are other HD 41 posts in the old archives here. To put one of them back together today would probably be too expensive, hence the graveyard!
Diesel, NICE find. Can you tell us exactly where this is? It love to see these 41's up close. Thanks, Tony
Hd41 Those machines are only about 30 mi from our shop we sold them all new the old boy that owns them quit stripping coal a few years ago and won't sell much off them. well he will but he wants more that new parts prices so there they sit. they are on rt255 about 20-25 mile north of DuBois Pa.
I think I know that guy. I tried to buy some D9H parts off him years ago and he wanted a kings ransome for them. I talked to some other guys about that and they all said, oh him. Yeah, he's like that, doesn't want to sell anything really. Doesn't have to either, he's got more money than god. Sad to see those 41's like that, they weren't a bad tractor really with proper care.
Rt 255, that's the place. He didn't want to talk to me at first, but after awhile he thawed and we had a nice conversation. Told me I was welcome back anytime, so I'll try to get some more pics when we go back in April.