Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HD-5 clutch and brakes question

john chamorro ยท 2020-12-25 09:38

First off I'm a CAT guy. Owner/operator/mechanic. My neighbor has an HD-5 that he wants me to do an engine clutch, brakes and frictions on. Are there any pointers or things to look out for? What kind of time should I expect? Is there a good supplier of quality parts? Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1Dave Neubert2020-12-26 07:46

    Not many parts out there for HD5s you can get the brakes relined steering clutches might be a problem should be able to match up a engine clutch

  2. #2john chamorro2020-12-26 08:25

    Thanks. That is sort of what I figured. A quick check of the internot showed a clutch set but not much else. I'll call around after the holidays and see what I can find. I don't want to tear it down without parts in hand.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2020-12-26 12:54

    Some places can reline the discs