Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HD10 at work

cb1 ยท 2011-07-12 17:20

Two man operation. Well how about father daughter operation... :usa

Replies19
  1. #1t_dirt2011-07-12 19:21

    Great Machine!!! More pics!!!

  2. #2BillG2011-07-12 19:25

    I owned one of these until about 25 years ago. Pretty tough machine, it was built for WWII.

  3. #3willie592011-07-12 21:30

    Great pics. Got them hands on that clutch lever don't ya.

  4. #4cb12011-07-13 01:16

    As requested, I also have two short videos, but do not have a simple way of putting a link on here for you. Any help. And I don't want another web account, i.e. utube, etc....:usa cb1

  5. #5cb12011-07-13 01:25

    My daughter is running the blade and right steer clutch and brake, I'm running the main clutch, left steer clutch and brake, throttle and gear shift. cb1

  6. #6cb12011-07-13 02:12

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/52611346@N06/5932426485/in/photostream/ try this please cb1

  7. #7cb12011-07-13 02:14

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/52611346@N06/5932410789/in/photostream/ number two hopefuly cb1

  8. #8cb12011-07-13 02:16

    Well, they both work on my computer. Let me know what you think... cb1

  9. #9M Diesel2011-07-14 17:05

    Look fine to me! Engine sounds good.

  10. #10Dickjr.2011-07-15 14:35

    Thats cool , what detriot or GMD is in it?

  11. #11RDG2011-07-15 15:09

    HD 10 would have a 4-71 GM, the HD 5 had a 2-71, HD 7 had a 3-71,10 had the 4-71 and the HD 14 had the 6-71 as did the HD 15 & 19. The HD 20 was the only one not to have a 71 series engine, it had the 6-110 in it. I used to operate an HD 14 in my early days. Cheers RDG.

  12. #12OmniEquipped2011-07-15 16:28

    Good walk-through of some of the AC models. Was your 14 a "C" model? The HD14C (first produced in 1946) had the industry's first torque converter drive and was considered the best for all-out bulldozing as it could really push without stalling. It set the industry standard at that time. I've never operated one but would like to put it on my list of fun things to do.

  13. #13OmniEquipped2011-07-15 16:42

    Nice HD10 wide track. Which dozer attachment is that? It looks similar to the Gar Wood dozer I have on my HD7. My friend has an HD10 with a Buckeye cable-lift blade.

  14. #14SProck2011-07-15 16:53

    How much working hours on it? 1950 yr made....but it's still working!

  15. #15RDG2011-07-15 20:32

    No it was a direct drive with a Baker hyd angle dozer and a Carco logging winch on it . Cheers RDG.

  16. #16cb12011-07-16 23:05

    The Hobbs hour meter says 3 thousand something, however the glass is broke. Not to sure if it works. All of the other guages seem to work fine.

  17. #17Forestgnome2011-07-27 16:28

    Funny, your collection is similar to mine. 1958 HD11, 1974 500C. I just need an 8N! And an excavator, and a grader, etc.

  18. #18cb12011-07-27 17:41

    Don't get a 8N. You'll just want another one, and .......

  19. #19cb12012-02-02 22:24

    Down the road it goes.. The new owner finally picked up the HD10. Fired right up after sitting since the fall. Wish I could have kept the 4-71. Kind of a fan of them now. cb1