hello just got an older hd6 with dry clutch..good shape.clutch slipped a little when pushing hard or backing up in second gear. took off cover, loosened retaining bolt and tried to turn adjustment.it didnt wanna turn with a screwdriver.thats all i did and now it wont engage.no resistence on hand clutch and can spin by hand.clutch brake works.does anyone know what might of happened.or how the easist whey to get out clutch.dozer runs and works great or so it did all last week.to pull engine looks like murder.any help highly appreciated.thank you
has anyone removed a clutch from a allis chalmers hd6.would you please tell me best way to get the clutch off and where to get new parts ?
The bolt adjustement head is 1/2 or 9/16 and after loose her and with a good screw driver turne clock wise by the adjusting ring maybe 1 " and if she do't move try counter clock wise and if she turning try again on clockwise and if she do't want the adjustement is at end and you will have pull out the cluch housing ass, maybe the small cam and link are to worn or the cuch disc is scrap
thank u much hector pulled clutch and found out i knocked it off the adjusting ramps.. all surfaces look smooth **** worn to eight in and they definitly liked to grease the thing. all the fingers and pins look good..have to send it out or order parts that will fit on first try.i dont wanna pull clutch out again. the yoke that goes on output shaft is worn.id sure like to find one.thanks again
You can get a lot of Allis Chalmers parts from MinnPar dirty. http://www.minnpar.com/
I am still have some used HD6 parts if I can help [email protected]
HI I have the HD6 front yoke 065481 and the back one 085879
Hector I brought an HD6 E that has the wet type clutch. I didn't know but someone had removed the Barnes hyd clutch pump at some point that I don't know when. Do you know who are where I can find one to replace . Thanks for any help. [email protected]