anyone happen to know how many ground points in the headlight wire harness in a 359 pete. lost hd lts pretty sure is a ground prob . switches are sending lights not recieveing
IIRC-two and depending on year some were located at front frame horns and some at ground lug at firewall. What year. I have a 1975 359 Pete owners maintenance book at work with wiring diagram. But most of the wiring covered most years of 359.
this is an 85 I have a pete book also but it covers 70s back . been to cold here to dig much. I had to cut the post short awhile ago . I was going to say i installed new led turn signals and the led flasher under the dash but don`t think i disturbed anything to put the lights out and im not sure they were working when i moved it from my shop area to the house
Well I do know all grounds are #239-16 gauge wire and up to 10 gauge. But I had to change the hood/head light harness on a 1984 359 about 19 years ago-My memory is crummy but I do know that new harness came with separate ground wires with extra length to attach to each frame horn or frame. The fender marker and signal grounds were spliced in and that ground grounded all three. The original harness I removed someone had already butchered the harness and spliced in a ground each side.
thanks for the reply mike `supposed to warm up some tomm. & fri will do some diggin think all the grounds in this one are white but hav`nt found a 239 tag yet
Problem found & solved' dimmer switch gave up the ghost