Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Heat/AC ?

NCman ยท 2021-10-11 15:11

Hello, I have a new to me 2004 Bobcat 334D AC blows cold whether or not I push the AC button. I have brought temps up trying to get heat and it continues to blow cold. Temp gun shows about 50-52 degrees I took panel under seat off to check heater core and it is not clogged. Anti freeze is correct level also. Anyone have any ideas what to check next.?

Replies6
  1. #1Tags2021-10-11 17:27

    Open the hood and check around under there to see if there is a valve connected to one of the heater lines, sometimes there is and it gets turned off during the summer months.

  2. #2NCman2021-10-11 18:06

    Will do thanks.

  3. #3ianjoub2021-10-11 18:49

    Some are vacuum or electrically operated as well...

  4. #4NCman2021-10-12 18:40

    No valve that I can see. I have found a few wires that look like they should be connected. Trying to figure that out and checking fuses. I may need to just get the service manual and save a lot of guessing...

  5. #5James Patrick2021-10-14 04:59

    Gday NCman,i am new to machinery,just in smash repair industry motor vehicles, but the AC systems should be similar maybe unplug the AC compressor should stop it engaging and hopefully stop the cold until you can fix it. Cheers James

  6. #6NCman2021-10-21 08:29

    After some cleaning connections and general wiggling of wires and such I can now turn off AC. Still no heat though. I have run it pretty hard for 30-45 minutes but using laser temp gun my temps at thermo housing only reach 155-157. I read that thermo is supposed to open at 160. Does this mean maybe previous owner removed thermo and that is why heat won't work..temps never surpass 155-157? Thanks