I am still working on a mustang telehandler. We found the loose wire that made the forks not work now we are working on the heater fan it will run on low but as soon as you hit the high buton it blows the fues if we put a 20 amp fuse in it works fine do I risk damaging something else if I just leave the 20 amp fuse in. Or is the motor toast. Thanks for any help
You risk damaging something else (wiring harness) is you use a higher amp fuse than what the manufacturer recommends for the circuit. There's no way we can say for certain the fan motor is toast, the only way you can diagnose this problem is some electrical troubleshooting with an amp probe, checking the circuit all the way to the fan motor to determine where the increase in amps is happening. If you don't have an amp probe, you may get a clue using a volt meter, if you have 12V at fuse, but only something like 9 or 10 volt at motor, go through circuit and find where voltage is dropping.
Do you have a service manual for the machine? What fuse are they calling for on the heater fan circuit? 20 amp does not sound like too high a fuse rating for a fan motor. I checked schematics on a dozen brands of construction equipment and they all use a 20 amp fuse in the heater fan circuit. I don't have a schematic for your model. here is an example:
No, it really doesn't. This could be the situation though... maybe the correct (20 amp?) fuse blew, and somebody replaced it with a lower rated one. Perhaps, that's the only fuse they had... :beatsme OCR
I don't have a schematic like that I have just the rough one that came with it new. The odd thing is the heater fuse is 30 amp but it blows the ingintion fuse that is 10 amp every time you hit the high heat button and it is right next to the park brake button so the problem cannot be ignored. Thanks again for ideas
The basic wiring diagram I have shows 3 wires from the switch and a 4th going to the ignition relay through a 15 amp fuse I am thinking that is the one that blows all the time.
If the 10 amp fuse at the ign is inline with the 20 amp heater/fan circuit and the current in the heater/fan circuit exceeds 10 amps, which fuse do you think it will blow? Please post the wiring diagram that you have. also, let us know the model/serial number
I have a Mustang 2005 742 telehandler serial number is742hjw0120077 I am not savy enough to upload the elec also it seems very incomplete it only show a few fuses when there are alot of fuses thanks again
what engine is in the machine?
John Deere 4.5 liter 4 cylinder