Hi Everyone, My name is Jeremy, I recently graduated from university, and upon realizing my job field in Canada is very slim, I decided to start as a heavy duty mechanic apprentice. I'm looking for an employer to give me a chance, I'm used to long hours and hard work as I'm currently framing houses with my brothers company. I have little experience with heavy equipment but I'm mechanically inclined, I do all my own work on my car, replaced front calipers, front passenger swing arm and tie rod, replaced engine valve cover (recently diagnosed a cylinder misfire which was attributed to a broken spark plug chamber gasket), oil changes. I'm from BC, Canada so I'm looking for an employer in BC, I'm willing to travel to anywhere in BC, please if you or anyone you know has a position available please contact me. my email is [email protected]
Welcome to HEF Jeremy. I hope someone gives you a chance. Sounds like you are being honest about your skills and not afraid of work. Best of luck and keep us posted on how things go.
I suggest two companies I have had experience with highly recommend them. The both have operating divisions in Canada. 1) Michels Corporation, Heavy/Highway/Pipeline Contractors, family owned and very good people. Web site: www.michels.us their yearly volume is $3 to 4 billon 2) Peter Kiewit Sons Co. same as Michels with more process work. ESOP, and also very good people. Web site; www.Kiewit.com their yearly volume is $10 to 12 billon Check their web sites for employment.
thanks old-iron-habit, ill let you know. RBMcCloskey thank you.
Jeremy Best thing you can do is take a Pre-Apprenticship class. With the down turn in the oil patch, we have people looking for work every day. Having the pre-app under your belt will increase your chances greatly If you have not already done so, check out the ITA site http://www.itabc.ca/ http://www.itabc.ca/program/heavy-duty-equipment-technician Good luck