Hi I'am here in Indiana. I 'am retire, work 40 plus year as a machine repairman and farm all at the same time. I rebuild the engine in my 530 case backhoe. It's a 188 engine It won't start. I had the injector and injector pump rebuild with no luck. I can get ant help I would be sue welcome it.
Any chance your injection pump is 180 degrees out of time? I will admit to having done that once in my life.
530 Case Thank you very much, put I know it's in time. That's the first thing I made sure of.
Next question is it puffing white smoke while cranking over? If not it isn't getting fuel. Don't take this as an insult but did you make sure there is fuel in the tank and any shut off valve is open. Any honest people out there will admit to making that mistake at least once!
I don't take that as a insult. Want smoke I get is black. I check the shut off and it's open.I had the injector pump and the injector rebuild. I'am 99.9% sure i'am in time.
Time for a compression test then I should think, with diesels all you need is compression and fuel at the right time? juicejohn, not trying to belabor a question you've already answered, but in time at TDC with both valves closed on #1? I have gotten it timed correctly but at TDC on the exhaust stroke of #1.
What is the compression?
Around 400 psi I believe.....
Thank you all for the information, I alreadly try everything. The good news is ather going over everthing again, it started. The one thing that should be done is to clean the ground,both end. But again thank all of you for your help. John Pentland AKA juicejohn