Forum member Jdigger4130 sent me these awesome pictures of the Heidrick Ag Museum located in California. This is some very nice looking stuff, and always nice to see!
He sent me a few. So here they are! Once again thanks to Justin for these awesome pictures.
Heres some more.
A few more.
nice Pete's must be 1939 or newer.
Excellent pics, that's some good stuff, it's amazing how things have changed in a fairly short period of time.
Thanks Jason, Of importance(to me) is the Sixty in the first pic is serial # 1c2... That is significant as it is the FIRST Caterpillar diesel ever sold! My how things have advanced! Great place to see A truly awesome collection of cool and interesting machines. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Almost every summer my buddy and I take a couple weeks off work and donated our trucks and time for the opportunity to help out with moving tractors for shows. The pics below are moving them from the museum to the BIG Woodland, CA show at the Best Ranch in the summer of 2008. One of my conditions for trucking the tractors is I get to drive them.
Great looking 900! Is that the truck that had the cowl extended? I became A member (discovered) the museum about a year ago. Do you guys have anything like it in Bakersfield? I would like see anything involving oil,ag,trucking , not just Bucks joint! Lemme know. I love giving these places my money and driving around my home state is the best!
4130, ya thats the same truck that now has the long nose and extended cab. Nice customizing something thats in good shape when you start. Sure makes the job a lot easier. Not to many places in Bakersfield to view old iron. My buddy in Arvin has the biggest collection around that I'm aware of. He's an accountant and I work on the drilling rigs so we both enjoy using our trucks to help out with the shows. Sure is fun trucking for the fun of it
Very cool, I am only playing in the toys so far but I am planning on marrying wealth ASAP!!!! lol, so as soon as that happens I plan on having A KTA powered W900 or 359 tugging on A Cozad w A D8H among other things! Really glad to know there are guys who think this stuff is worth saving. Thank you! All my friends think I am nuts to be so interested in machines instead of motorbikes or cars.. Which I am but they just dont use enough YELLOW to really get my attn! I think it was you that had the High Output D8 or A friend of yours. I did not know that the dual exhaust machine was so rare. Again. Love your stuff and thanks for showing me! Justin N
Awsome pics i love old stuff! Love that exhaust on the HOLT in the second post, 3rd or 4th pic!
4130, I didn't go crazy in the housing boom a few years ago and get stuck with a big ass house payment. My old house payment is less than $900 and oilfields have been keeping me busy so I choose to waist my money on old equipment . I picked up the high output D8 for $2,800 on ebay. Little did I know it had a bent rod and out of round crank journal. But after pulling the engine and rebuilding it I hope to get many years of enjoyment out of the old girl. Here is a video of the kids playing on it at the Santa Margarita show in 2010 building a big dirt pile. You can see the injection pump needs some work.... been kinda lazy about fixing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kHHtRUVucw
Black Smoke, here is another pic. This time my buddy is trucking it so we can take turns driving it.... thats our rule.... I'll truck it but I get to drive it Always a thrill loading old unpredictable equipment
Haha nice. Not a bad deal
Ha!!!! I marvel at these "cockpits" as well. Look hard enough on terra firma much less up A lowbed... Whats the Santa Margarita deal?? I am not getting email updates from the hef so if you would email me at [email protected] I would REALLY appreciate it. I can check back here just as well but am REALLY INTERESTED in the show you speak of and WANNA GO THIS YEAR if I can!
4130, in April is a big show at the Tulare Ag Center http://www.antiquefarmshow.org/index.htm The first weekend in July is also a big show in Woodland, Ca