Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Heiliner scaper

Welder Dave ยท 2023-09-05 01:51

When I was at the vintage machinery site, that has the Raygo Giant grader there is Heiliner scraper. It had to be before 1953 as that's when Heil were bought by International Harvester. Has anyone else ever seen one or used one? Sorry didn't take a pic. I was too busy looking at all the cool old machines. There was also an IH scraper but I never got the models of them and a couple sizes of Letourneau Carryalls. I have to go back and get some pics. Any fan of vintage equipment would have been impressed.

Replies9
  1. #1td14steve2023-09-05 06:12

    did it look like this

  2. #2dust eater2023-09-05 08:04

    the dreaded red rooster

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-09-05 14:32

    Yes, it may have been a little bigger but I don't know if they made more than 1 size. I figured it had to be pretty rare. I thought the front bumper was interesting like it was made for pushing or something.

  4. #4td14steve2023-09-05 18:04

    My friend who owned this had quite the collection of old stuff like this that they still used cable pans d7s and 8s. a couple of draglines all in operating condition. Unfortunately he and his partner have died and all of the iron disappeared this year and the site cleaned out of any sign of it. I hope the scrappers didn't get it. Steve

  5. #5caseloader2023-10-29 11:01

    The IH may have have been the E-200

  6. #6rayman2024-01-09 20:18

    Hielliner made two sizes 2T55 and the 2T75 both 855 Cummins powered

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-01-09 20:37

    It looks a little short to have a Cummins 855 but I'm not not sure.

  8. #8caseloader2024-01-10 10:50

    I had a 1953 Let. model c at one time 5 speed direct with a 6-71 Detroit in it. A neat thing to operate for sure. I moved a lot of dirt with it.

  9. #9Shimmy12024-01-10 10:59

    You know they did.