Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

clark 110-11b

d82u ยท 2023-09-02 22:08

i have a clark 110-11b scraper witch has been working fine. Two weeks ago all hydraulics stopped working I have checked charging pump, screen on transmlssion sump, changed all filters. torque converter has no movement. just wondering if any had any suggestions on what to check. All help will be appreciated. Thank You

Replies8
  1. #156wrench2023-09-03 10:20

    Broken pump drive shaft or coupling?

  2. #2d82u2023-09-03 10:47

    thanks for the reply. The torque converter does not turn to power the other two pumps what could be wrong? Charging pump is working. The torque converter drive shaft turns easily as always, would something be broke in the converter?

  3. #3BillG2023-09-03 11:04

    Depends on if it has ever been changed but, they used a fiber internal gear mounted to the flywheel and an external steel gear on the converter. Usually the fiber gear fails and the converter gear just turns inside it. Some people changed them to steel but it was noisy (thus the reason for fiber). They also made an aftermarket nylon one.

  4. #4d82u2023-09-03 13:30

    Thank You. I guess you have to pull the converter to access this gear?

  5. #5BillG2023-09-03 13:38

    Unless you're married to Jeannie or Samantha I would say so.

  6. #6d82u2023-09-03 23:10

    great come back. Do you have experience replacing this gear? If so could the torque converter be moved back on blocks to get enough space to replace gear? Thanks again the help.

  7. #7BillG2023-09-04 11:24

    You will need about 6" to clear everything, I can't remember the bolt count which designates the specific gear. I think it was 16 but don't depend on that.

  8. #8d82u2023-09-04 12:39

    Thank You. It will be a week or two before I get to work on it, we just bought a Cat 613 but I will deflnitely let you know how it it goes. We need to move 10,000 yards for a pond levee, have already moved 5500 yards.