I can't find much Info on Hein-Werner History, Although I really like those machine, I wonder what the "parts" situation looks like... Are they even available anymore? Sometime in the future, I'd love to own one It'd work out b/c living on a blueberry farm with Ditches that will be easy to dig them out for cleanup. Those Mid-60s and 70s Insleys are neat looking to as well for the Drotts.
A lot of parts on them seem to be off the shelf (pumps, pump drive gearbox come to mind), but other items like the hydraulic cylinders and drive gearbxes are OEM, at least on my C-12HD. Real simple machines, easy to work on and very reliable. I have some brochures and stuff here but they don’t give much in the way of any history...
Yup . Hein - Werner , Insley , Hyhoe , Bantam & Drott shared many component parts like Rockwell gearboxes , Funk drive housing , Commercial brand hydraulics and Detroit Diesel power plants . We still run a 1978 Hyhoe . Funny story …. Buddy Bill picked up a Hitachi 120 excavator and we was looking it over . Bill then tells me the problem with older excavators is you can't get parts for them . He went to change the oil in the Hitachi and nobody could find him an oil filter ? Hell … I can walk in any parts store & grab a Detroit Diesel oil filter off the shelf or they will have it the next day . LOL !
That's a pretty funny story, Haha I share a pretty good side with some of you guys liking these Odd Balls. At least these days. Haha. I just heard about Hy-Hoe Seems pretty much the same as Body Design goes with The Hein. But that's good to know on the parts.
Nice nice nice, That's good. I love brochures I have many myself but none are Hein-Werner, Mostly Older Skid loaders Like the ones in my profile picture. etc... Would you sell any? I'd love to have one.
Good day I can recall that H-W was bought out by Akereman (Sweden) and if my memory serves me correctly some of those machines had the swing transmission welded into the superstructure. Kind regards Uffex
I’ve been collecting brochures since I was just a little kid, at this point I don’t want to part with them... they do turn up on ebay quite often, there is for sure one on there right now - one I already have otherwise it wouldn’t be on there Here’s my 3 year old son in my C-12...
I'm the same way . After all …. Who do ya think Cat & Deere had to copy off of to figure out how to build an excavator . LOL ! HeavyEquipmentForums Those old excavators were almost as tough as Sammy Hagar . Still kicking it out at 71 Built with Heavy Metal !
Shame they looked like a good Financial company.
That's alright I understand that, Yes I have a few wish listed on eBay but none of them are for the C10 - 12 Nor 14... I'd love to find this one...
I never listened to that guy much, Hah. But I can agree this old stuff are diehards.
For the HW guys on here I found this website that sells Parts, Owners & Service manuals for them. https://www.autorepairmanuals.ws/arm/forums/hein-werne.247/
did not find much about Hein-Werner Corporation but had more luck googling with Åkerman Maskineri instead of Akerman Machinery there are also some pics on https://www.volvoce.com/global/en/product-archive/crawler-excavators/kerman-h-series/
Hein Werner C-12HD T-12HD Excavator Backhoe Dealer's Brochure DCPA6 ver3 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/162175660362 Here’s one of the C-12 / T-12. I have a copy of the one you show there, if it helps any I can scan it for you...
Yes That guy i buy alot from... So I have it wish listed But yeah if possible can you do a copy of it? I don't assume you want any money for it?
No money needed. I'll send you a good scan of it when I get a chance, hopefully this weekend. Or were you thinking to do an actual physical copy? I can probably do that too...
I think a scan is good enough. I can always try my luck later on eBay and find one if wanted an actual copy
Im short of Hein Warner information can help with the Akerman stuff if youare in need. Kind regards Uffex
As promised here’s some scans of my brochures. Yes I know it took a few years, sorry.
And a few more…
2 more. More to follow later, hopefully a bit sooner than a few years this time…
Ok here’s the rest of my brochure collection…
more
And some of a C-24…
And the last of what I have. Sorry again it took this long…