Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobota Kx 41 3V Joy sticks wont come alive

Glenn57 ยท 2019-06-17 20:38

Is my first time on line forum so i apologize if i dont do something right--Parked my machine and all ok--next day start normal blade worked,boom swing ok and aux (Thumb worked). I found a broken blue wire under the Key side (lever lock switch) and thought i had it made. fix that and guess what still no work. ck both switches for continuity and they both worked. I then ck for 12v and the key side had power on the blue wire but the left hand side no 12v . I supose their could be another wire broken inside the insulation. not sure about starting before but i think the engine shouldn't start with the safety levers in the operate position. lots of hyd oil in tank changed hyd filter 20 hours ago. Hope to get some help tks .

Replies5
  1. #1Glenn572019-06-17 21:26

    Just to update --the tracks dont move and i checked the small fuses and they are all ok

  2. #2mikebramel2019-06-19 10:09

    With the key ON but engine OFF, when you cycle the armrest can you hear the pilot lock out clicking

  3. #3Glenn572019-06-19 15:53

    Not sure if its the case but this afternoon ill try ---do you mean (pilot lock out) the solenoid on the unloader valve. I read on a forum somewhere that it puts currant to a solenoid to start the flow so the pilot valve can operate the main valve bank. BTW only the blue wire on the key side has 12 v supply to it . not sure if the switches are parallel or series or separate. I apreachet any help. im just a back yard mechanic.

  4. #4Glenn572019-06-19 21:11

    Nope --I tried to hear a sound but with the fuel pump continuesly going is hard to tell anyway--I wish i knew if i should have 12 v on both sides- i ck again tonight and only 12.9 v on the green wire on the key side only--engine not running!!!

  5. #5mikebramel2019-06-20 09:18

    Is it switched on the hot side? If it is, add a ground to the other, "for testing purposes". I am talking about the 2 wires that should be going to your lockout valve