It's been a long time since I've been here. I have a C215 96L1270 with a 3304. Last year I was using it and then the engine started dying out on me, I'd drop the load and it would rev up again or traveling I would have to stop to keep it from dying so I thought it had dirty fuel filters. I put new ones on and it worked fine. I put 3 or 4 hours on it and when i was done I parked it. One day in the winter I was looking the machine over and noticed the water separator was empty, being it is a new one I thought it might not be sealing properly so a couple of days ago I remove it and put some sealer on the rubber grommets put it back and use the priming pump to fill it back up, It took a lot of pumping maybe 100 strokes. The machine started right back up. I let it run for a while then turned it off. Today I go look at it and it is 3/4 down so I give it 40-50 pumps on the primer pump to fill it back up then 20 minutes later it is half empty so I came here to ask for help. Oh tank is half to 3/4 full if that mean anything.
Check suction line from tank to primary filter or water separator. It sounds like you're sucking air
I’ve noticed over the years, a worn out Cat primer pump can cause that to happen. I’ve also noticed a recent disparity in quality with new replacements.
I think it is sucking air. I'll replace the lines then if I have to replace the pump. I think its draining back to the tank, I don't see anything wet.
looks like the problem is the water separator didn't seal, found fuel on the tracks under the water separator and it was almost empty again. I put the old one on and it pumped right up and stayed full over night. Now the next issue. On the tracks brake, between the final drive and the motor, I have a hydraulic leak out of what looks like a release valve, on one side. the machine feels OK when moving. How should I go about checking it?