Greetings to all from Papalote, TX I have owned, neglected and abused a couple yellow JD machines for over 25 years. (310/350) Today I am doing a modest rehab to my 310 "dash" B (3cyl) loader backhoe, replacing all the hoses from the valve stack back to the bucket. about 20 years ago I had to replace one of the clevis on the boom valve and it has leaked from the bottom of the valve (cap) ever since, well not only is it getting a little worse now I am paying much more for Hydraulic fluid than back then. So is this just a bad o-ring? I do not remember how I took the valve apart, seems it came out the bottom but the procedure is not in the service manual. Also I have a couple clevises going bad (corrosion) and I have one spare in a bag and it is marked $27, now they are $250, geeze, one of the problems with getting old is you remember what it used to cost, heck I remember when gas wars would bring down a gallon of gas to $0.27 So any insight on how to remove the spool and if that an o-ring is likely my problem it would be appreciated.
No replies yet.