Hello Everyone, I'm a disabled farmer, located in north central Missouri, who is new to this site and I just wanted to say "hello":waving, post a picture of my "pride and joy", a 66 Oliver 1850 Perkins diesel with 3832 original hours, and just say how much I enjoy this site, and look forward to learning as much as I can from all you experts rofessor! I purchased my tractor from the original owner, who was a friend of my Uncles. Everything works on it (including the tachometer, heater fan, and even the dome light, not bad for a 46 year old tractor, huh!), and it runs almost like the day it was made! It also has clamp on duals, plus I have TONS of N.O.S., and other parts, I have amassed for it over the years. However, sadly:crying I'm having to part with it in order to get a dozer, :scool as I have a LOT of land to clear, and a pond or 3 to build, so unfortunately, it just can't be helped! This has been "the" finest tractor I have ever had the pleasure to drive , and I've driven a LOT of them! I had planned on keeping the tractor until my last days, however, you all know how "necessity" can be! I'm in the process of purchasing another farm up the road, and I don't want to screw up my financing by taking out any other loans right now, and being just a humble disabled farmer, and being as all my "extra" cash (IF there is such a thing!:beatsme), is going towards the down payment, unless I win the lottery soon, I just don't have any other options! I'm just starting to farm again, since becoming disabled, and things are starting to look up, so I'm NOT complaining! Well, I hope you enjoy the picture (it's the first one I'm posting so let's see if I get it right, I'm using the instructions the moderator wrote so it should work), I sure look forward to being a member of this fine website:IMO, learning as much as possible, and contributing where I can! Thanks for checking this out, and have a nice day!:drinkup JDDozerman :Cowboy
Thats a fine looking ole Ollie.Too bad you cant keep it around for doing chores but I know how that goes.What size of dozer are you looking for?Sounds like you might need about a D7 size.
Nice tractor. I had a twin to it with the loader also. What is Jacksonville close to? I am from Higginsville or about 50mi east of KC.
Hello guys, Thanks for the compliments, I LOVE this tractor, and yeah this is "killing me" to have to part with it!!! I just don't have much choice right now, unless I win the lottery!....yeah right! I just can't afford to risk messing up my financing for the other farm I'm trying to buy, just up the road! So, unfortunately, the only way I have of getting the dozer, which I REALLY need more right now, is to either trade, or sell my stuff, for it, but that's the way things go sometimes! Anyway, yes, I am looking for something between a D6 and D8, most of what I'm finding in my price range, and area, are IH TD TD 15's, or 20's, a Fiat Allis 14C, a JD 750, and some Case 1150's, 1450, and a 1550. The "Cats" are proving to be "slim pickins", at least in my price range, and area, so I don't think that I will wind up with one of them. I only found ONE that MAY be possible, a pretty nice D7E for $12,000.00, but so far I haven't had much luck contacting the guy, which makes it pretty difficult to do anything! I have a LOT of people interested in my tractor, so I don't think I will have much difficulty selling it, but it would sure be easier if I could just find someone to trade with, but I'll just have to see how things go. Thanks again guys, I sure enjoy this website, and there seems to be a lot of VERY nice people on here! Best wishes to all! JDDozerman
OOPS! Sorry, I almost forgot, JBGASH, I don't think you're too far from me at all, at least as the "crow flies"! I'm halfway between Moberly and Macon, off Hwy 63, so you're certainly not TOO far anyway! It's nice to meet a fellow "Missourian" on here!
Beautiful machine, thanks for sharing. The first tractor I ever operated was an oliver 1850, not sure the year, but it was just like this one jsut didn't have a cab or loader on it. I have also restored and heavily modified a few olivers over the years. Well built machines.