My first post is over in the dozer section, but I run a blade as well. Took a picture today, nothing special just finished off the top of a commercial building pad. I've been reading in here learning things already, I dont think I will ever quit learning blade techniques. So I guarantee I'll have questions for all you guys that are better and more experienced than me.:notworthy
Welcome to HEF Bluedrc, this is a great forum and I'm pretty sure you will get a lot of help with different questions, cheers.
Welcome to HEF Bluedrc! Nice looking job you did there..A person never stops learning..There is a very knowledgeable group of grader operators on here and we all learn from each other..Enjoy the forum..
Great looking job Blue! How big is that pad? Does it have much slope to it? Did you use Trimble or Topcon on this job? If so, how much time and money did it save using laser?
Thanks, pad is 150 x 200, how much slope?? This pad is level, unless your talking about backslope its a 4:1 at 6 ft. above the retaining wall so i reckon that would be 24 ft. total slope. I work for a small company so we dont have all the fancy stuff (Trimble etc..). I roughed it in with a dozer (usually try to get it within about 3 tenths) then finished it off with the blade. I just have a simple spectra lazer with a jumbo reciever on my blade.