Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello Everyone

dsichewski ยท 2009-09-24 01:08

Hello everyone! My name is David and I am from just outside or Toronto Ont. I came across this web form while job hunting in the heavy equipment field. I was quite happy to see such a thing exist and am very impressed at how much everyone has contributed. A little background information. I completed my heavy equipment operators certificate course in Dec of 04 then in Jan 05 I took a pre-apprenticeship course for mechanics and after completing that worked for Toromont Cat for 3.5 yrs as an apprentice mechanic. I'm now currently looking for a job anywhere in canada to become an experienced heavy equipment operator with being able to offer to do repairing also to save the costly field service charges to change/replace/ adjust a hose or adjust a throttle/ parking brake cable on a back hoe, repairing leaks, perform pm servicing etc... Dream job: Operating a cat 797 in the oil sands....one can dream can't they? lol Thanks everyone for joining together to create such a great community full of knowledge and many cool experiences! David

Replies2
  1. #1Lashlander2009-09-24 21:44

    Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll be able to contribute a lot of knowledge. There are a few members here that work at Fort Mac and around Edmonton. You'd be a great asset to a smaller company though.

  2. #2dsichewski2009-09-24 22:14

    Thanks! I will try and help as much as I can! Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'm just hoping to get any sort of job!