Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Howdy from Baghdad

big block 88 ยท 2009-09-22 10:49

Hey all I hav been lurking here at the site for a bit now, it's a great place with awsome info. I have been in Iraq now for 2 years, getting ready to return home and get back to work. Jordan Blake

Replies7
  1. #1xterrahawk2009-09-22 12:45

    hey big block 88 first off thank you for your service, hope all is going well with you. 2 yrs its a long time u must be anxious to b bak home.

  2. #2kthompson2009-09-22 13:25

    Yes, thank you and no doubt you have a long list of what you want to do when home. Be safe.:usa

  3. #3xcavator1202009-09-22 16:56

    Hey Big Block, First a big thanks for your service. It is very much appreciated. I see you're from Kansas. You by chance based in Ft. Riley? Been working up there for the last year and half. We'll be glad to have you home safe..

  4. #4big block 882009-09-23 10:04

    Thanks guys, very nice sie you have here, I am from Topeka, but my dad was stationed for 20 years at Ft Riley. that place is really growing quicly out there, I did alot of welding up there and iron work.

  5. #5bill53622009-09-23 20:48

    Big Block good to have you on the forum... thanks for the sacrifice and your service being in the service is a very selfless act. Thank you very much, good lucky with finding some work

  6. #6euclid2009-09-27 18:03

    He might be a contractor over in Iraq....Most service members aren't begging to stay on station that long.

  7. #7big block 882009-09-27 19:02

    You are correct sir... I am a DOD contractor that is working for the DOS right now for the embassey here in Baghdad