I try to make this short this is what I'm looking to buy! Look Below! I'll be using this around my new home that I'm building up in the mountains of Colorado. I'm most likely buying more machine than I need but I rather have to much than not enough. I'll be moving dead trees, wood, plowing snow, and just about any else I can do with this. Anybody with some sense look at my list here and see what I might be missing here. I wished it had the bigger tires ( 14 x 17.5 ) Thanks for the help!! 2017 Case SV 280 with the following options: I found one of the 175th Anniversary Red ones that there is extra money on so it's cheaper than buying the normal yellow color. E-H Controls 2-Speed E-H Controls Enclosed Cab with Heater and AC Air Ride Suspension Seat Heavy Duty Front Lights Heavy Duty Rear Door Heavy Duty Hydraulic Coupler Floor Mat E-H Controls Block Heater Performance w/Front Electric 12x16.5 Tires Heavy Duty (70 OTW) 78" Low Profile Extended Bucket 78" Bolt on Cutting Edge
I rented a 280 when I needed another machine. I have a SV300. I know two builders that own one and they like them. Being at 75 hp you have no DEF issues, and it feels like it has good power. Like most 75 hp machines I have run the only time you notice the reduction in HP over the 90 hp is when multifunctioning and running high demand attachments. I think they are real solid. These 75 hp are becoming real popular, CASE just released a 75 hp version of their TV380. The bigger tires are nice and I wont own a large frame machine without them. The increase traction and floatation are more than worth the price of upgrading. I think those red ones look really good.
Get a tooth bucket as well as a smooth bucket and if you plan on doing much snow clearing, an angle blade. Also see if a hydraulic oil heater is available.
Those 75hp machines are most likely under rated by quite a bit to get by EPA regulations. Steve
Looking over your spec sheet, I would ask if it has ride control. I find it well worth the money.
Yes it does have the ride control. But now I'm finding out this dealer is trying to pull some crap on me. The price jumped, and this one doesn't have the tires I want. So he going to have to man up and come back to the original price or I'm going to look else where. What your guys opinions on hand controls over E-H? I found another one with the hand controls!
I would not own one without EH. I had an early TR320 and had some EH handle issues. I have not had any issues with my 2014 machine or the 2017. The controls are good. They have continued to refine the EH feel, control and dependability. It gives you the ability to change the pattern from H (CASE) or ISO which even if you run H it makes the machine easier to sell when you ready to update. Lastly they are just a lot less fatiguing to run. I would not own a machine with the manual controls but demo one and see what you think. The dealer here sells those manual machines to farmers and the construction guys take the EH generally speaking. The dealer here has several 280's, they are Power Tan in color and fully loaded. You could call Pioneer Equipment in Idaho Falls and see what they would do. You are not that far from ID.
Thanks to everyone here with your suggestions. I'm taking all of them and see what I'm going to do. We'll see how this plays out later this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
We'll I got good news. The dealer came up with the correct numbers and we put the deal to bed. The only problem now is, it has to be shipped from South Dakota to Denver. Now the real work begins. Thanks to everyone for the help!