Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

763 Bobtach Wear

KyDirt ยท 2018-01-02 22:55

The bobtach on my bobcat has excessive play from right to left between the loader arms at the pivot pins. I have replaced a set of pins and bushings before (not this machine) and though these probably need replaced , that won't help my side to side movement issue from what I can remember about my last rebuild. Do they make shims to go between the loader arms and bobtach?

Replies4
  1. #1xgiovannix122018-01-02 23:09

    dont look like it . Seems they have 2 size pins tho https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#...9999/0002-Main Frame/0009-Lift Arms & Bobtach

  2. #2xgiovannix122018-01-02 23:10

    https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#...001 - 512619999/0002-Main Frame/0010-BOB-TACH

  3. #3TriHonu2018-01-02 23:34

    My 763 was the same way when I bought it. I measured the amount of play and removed the QuickTach and measured the diameter of the pins. I bought shim washers at the local FleetFarm. You can buy the washers in different thicknesses. I bought a couple different thicknesses and stacked them until the fit was what I wanted. Mine also had felt grease seals (felt washers) to help keep dirt out of the pin bores in the QuickTach

  4. #4KyDirt2018-01-03 00:01

    Sounds like the simple cost effective solution.