Hello, new to the forum, I've posted a few times so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an operator superintendent for a marine contractor. We build docks, bridges, retaining walls, install harbors, and basically everything to do with marine. We also do a lot of crane rental jobs, if you got em you might as well use em. We also have a commercial dock that several freight companies use. We have two barges so we travel a lot for jobs. One thing about this business is if you don't like what your doing wait a few days because thats as long as we do the same thing. Our current job is for the FAA working on a runway here in town. If you like pics I'll see if I can post some. Thanks Nelson
Welcome Lashlander!:thumbsup Also, pics are always cool. Any pics of them big Kodiak Grizzleys??:bouncegri
Yes, Welcome to HEF. Some runway pics would be good.:yup
I'll second the motion for runway pictures. :thumbsup And I'll also volunteer Countryboy to be the flagman at the approach end. Truck has to cross the runway? Just turn that sign around and stop that Lear that's on a 1/2 mile final... :yup
Why I always gotta be the flagman.....
Yeah, I'm not so sure this is a great idea, either. He sleeps during the day and works at night, so if you had him flagging during the day, he wouldn't be much use... speedbump, maybe?
Well, now that we know there's water on the runway it gets even more complicated. He might fall out of the flagboat and drown. Or worse yet, he'll think it's a "flag ship" and insist that we call him Admiral Countryboy. :salute
Well I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Ok........:bouncegri
That would be his pilot car in the first photo. :yup
Hope we didn't scare him away...
:laugh Alright Tiger, I'll let ya have that one..... Naw Admiral sounds too military-ish.....You can just call me " Administrator "...or " Boss " will do too. :yup Nope, just lying in wait for you to log off so I can talk aboutcha without discussion.:wink2