Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from another polite canadian!

DJK ยท 2013-12-28 22:04

Hello all, Was referred to this site by an operator, checked it out for the first time a few days ago and decided to join. First off I noticed it's very organized, kept on track and people are very respectful. Great to see! Well I'm a younger guy mid 20's and been at a dealer ship for around 7 years now. Started off sweeping the floors and washing machines and parts. Spent 5 years in the shop ( with an occasional trip out with a field guy) while I did my apprenticeship. Then 2 years ago I began to do some field service calls on my own in a spare truck and about a year ago now I got a hand me down f550, ran that until a month or two ago when they got me a beautifully set up 3500 sprinter. Derek.

Replies14
  1. #1willie592013-12-28 22:15

    Welcome to HEF DJK. :drinkup

  2. #2Dad52013-12-29 06:25

    Welcome DJK. Let's see some pics of that Sprinter.

  3. #3DJK2013-12-29 09:18
  4. #4kshansen2013-12-29 09:25

    Nice looking Sprinter. What kind of equipment do you work on?

  5. #5Dad52013-12-29 10:59

    Are you powering the air compressor with the welder?

  6. #6bushcat2013-12-29 11:22

    welcome aboard DJK

  7. #7DJK2013-12-29 12:57

    Kshansen - thanks, primarily komatsu and some link belt cranes. Dad5 - yes welder for powering compressor. Thanks DJK

  8. #8Dad52013-12-29 14:34

    Looks good.

  9. #9Nelsonequip2013-12-29 14:42

    Welcome, I joined less than a month ago lots of interesting information on here. Sounds like your headed in the right direction with your career Mike

  10. #10kshansen2013-12-29 15:39

    Ontario is a big province, would central Ontario be near Sudbury? How did your area fair the ice storms?

  11. #11DJK2013-12-29 17:17

    Kshansen - about 2.5 hrs south of Sudbury. about an inch of freezing rain, it was followed with warmer temps so it wasn't as bad as it may have been, would of been worse if it had we of gotten a cold snap.

  12. #12wornout wrench2013-12-29 20:56

    Hi Derek Welcome to the forum, always nice to see another Canuck on here. Like your truck, nicely set up. I would love to have a box set up like that, unfortunately they don't last on logging roads. Look forward to seeing some of your posts. Brian (the Wornout Wrench):canada

  13. #13dozerman4002013-12-30 10:15

    Welcome DJK, nice clean looking truck.

  14. #14DJK2013-12-30 21:31

    Dozerman- that was when i was loading it only tanks were in. Thanks derek