Hey all my name is Alex and I'm new here. I'm 24 years old and I have a total of 6 years experience working around and operating heavy equipment. I've been on pipe and dirt crews and done heavy demolition. Right now my wife is about 4 weeks away from giving birth to my second daughter and unfortunately I am still not employed. I have been trying so hard to find an operator position in MD but it has been extremely difficult. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to chime in.
Good Luck Alex, I am sure you will be able to find work. Just keep after it. Welcome to HEF regards, CD
Alex, I am looking for owner-operators and maybe drivers from Maryland to Pennsylvania. The work environment is like this: 6 days a week, 52 weeks per year...this type of work is year-round but can be split up between different drivers. It's driving 53 miles from Point A to Point B and back. Take a 34' (believe 35 cubic yard) end dump full from one place, empty immediately and bring it back empty (deadhead), click on another full end dump and repeat. Normally 3 trips per day, but can go up to 5 certain times per year. Sorry to hijack your thread, but I don't yet have permission to start my own. PM or email for additional details...that goes for everyone in the area, or anyone looking to relocate. It is a different setup than what many of you are used to but will keep you constantly busy and gives a comfortable lifestyle vs some of the other situations I have seen on here (ie, you are home every night, low-stress environment, no downtime, pay is consistent, year-round, you will be able to care of your needs and then some. And there is no rushing loads so you can cruise at 55-60 mph and maximize profit margins). The money is right, but again, PM/email me for the rest. Conventional day cabs are all that is required.