Hello - Adam from western Belize here. Just acquired a somewhat neglected Case 580C for use around our farm (and for doing odd jobs for other farmers in the village). I've already learned so much from reading posts on the forum - many thanks to all!
Well a 580c is easy to maintain...reliable and quite strong.
That's what I'm hoping! I do most of the work on our trucks and tractor - looking forward to getting this thing running better and putting it to work. Plenty to learn...
Well pretty much everyone here has either owned , ran, seen, or fixed a 580 lol...is she still tight? Leaks? Engine run good? Trans good? You will get tons of help on here...and i would not be surprised if someone had all the manuals for her on here
Engine and transaxle are good. starts easily every time, plenty of power. Needs work on the shuttle and brakes... Couple of cylinders leaking, some wear in pins and bushings. Hydraulics seem generally OK. I've found the manuals already - very helpful. Plenty of reading to do... Looking forward to getting stuck in to it.
Brakes are overrated...just make sure you got good teeth on bucket and a sloppy lock on boom lol.
Welcome to the forum Adam !