Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from Calgary

Klay ยท 2020-04-12 10:44

Greetings All, I purchased my first backhoe (2014 Case 590SN Tier 4A) a couple of weeks ago just as COVID-19 panic was emerging. I got it for a good price as it was a repo and needed a few minor repairs. The rear center window was broken and it had no service brakes. I managed to get the brakes back by bleeding the system and am currently looking for a window. I'm an Avionics AME and just got laid off so I am having fun with my hoe since I live on the family homestead and have lots of junk to clean up and many projects to do now that I can move the earth. Looking forward to sharing my knowledge with you all. Stay well.

Replies11
  1. #1funwithfuel2020-04-12 11:07

    Welcome, from the people's republic of Illinois. Lots a variety here.

  2. #2DB22020-04-12 11:15

    Cheers from Winterpeg ! All the best of luck.

  3. #3farmerlund2020-04-12 11:20

    Welcome to the forum Klay. Loader backhoes are a very versatile machine. I am sure you will find plenty of projects to use it on.

  4. #4Klay2020-04-12 11:58

    Thanks funwithfuel, Peoples Republic of Illinois... is that part of the mainland? Variety is the spice of life. I'll have to check it out next time I head south. Cheers!

  5. #5Klay2020-04-12 12:05

    . Ah yes.. Winterpeg Manisnowba. Used to work for Air Canada there but that's another story. Spring will be here soon - hope the same for you. Best of luck and stay well.

  6. #6Klay2020-04-12 12:09

    Thanks for the welcome farmerlund, I had some idea of what a hoe was capable of before I bought one and it is an amazing machine. I'm sure that I've barely scratched the surface so far. Cheers!

  7. #792U 34062020-04-12 13:19

    Welcome from the north!

  8. #8petepilot2020-04-13 01:08

    be careful that you don`t turn us all upside down now that you can move the earth welcome to the forum

  9. #9mg23612020-04-14 05:34

    Welcome to HEF Klay !

  10. #10suladas2020-04-16 00:45

    Welcome! I'm sorry for your misfortune of living in Calgary, up in Edmonton is so much better

  11. #11Tinkerer2020-04-19 17:18

    Welcome klay, from the depressing state to live in called State of Illinois !