Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from Canada

drew15975 · 2021-03-08 12:40

Hello everyone! I've been reading posts on this forum for a couple of weeks and I've found extremely helpful information! I've recently just bought a 2004 Case 580 SM to help me on my new 25 acre property. I've rented small backhoes and mini-exs a couple times before so I'm really new at all this. I plan on building a 40x60 shop this spring so I've been trying to learn as much about this machine as I can. Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Replies9
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-03-08 14:20

    Welcome to HEF, Drew !

  2. #2drew159752021-03-08 14:24

    Thanks Tinkerer! I've read tons of your posts! Like meeting a celebrity!

  3. #3kshansen2021-03-08 19:21

    drew, welcome! and Canada is a big country so any chance of narrowing it down a bit Like NF or BC or some place in between?

  4. #4drew159752021-03-08 19:29

    I'm in Ontario, North of Toronto. Two days ago it was -30C (-22F) and tomorrow it's supposed to be 7C (45F)! I may go out in my bathing suit tomorrow and crawl under my backhoe lol

  5. #5DB22021-03-08 22:13

    Welcome. I was born in Toronto a long time ago. Resident of Winnipeg now.

  6. #6mg23612021-03-10 04:31

    Welcome to HEF Drew !

  7. #7funwithfuel2021-03-18 11:29

    Welcome. Always good to see new members.

  8. #8Coaldust2021-03-18 12:45

    Howdy and welcome. Please share your shop build with us. Hope the crazy lumber prices don’t slow your project down.

  9. #9drew159752021-03-18 13:07

    The lumber prices have definitely slowed down my build... I had drawn up some plans last fall and got some material quotes. I just called the same lumberyard to update my pricelist and was floored! I have a heavily treed property so I may be a lumberjack this year... My uncle has a portable mill so I may just mill my own. Backhoe is really going to help me get that done! It came with 4' forks for the loader and I may see about getting a thumb. This machine is a swiss army knife!