Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from Fairbanks, Alaska

Akjeff ยท 2012-10-21 15:15

Just found this forum today. I have spent the last few hours just looking through some of the posts. Really like the old iron posts with all the cool photos. I am a haul road trucker and an avid hunter, fisherman and any thing outdoors. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Regards, Jeff

Replies6
  1. #1Cletus2012-10-21 17:28

    WELCOME Akjeff. It's a great forum! I work at West Dock in the summer. I just left Prudhoe last Monday!

  2. #2Hendrik2012-10-21 17:50

    Gday Jeff, you're not one of those ice road truckies we see on the TV?

  3. #3Akjeff2012-10-21 19:53

    No, I don't work for that company. I see the film crews in the winter all the time. They are a big hassle and are generally in the way on the road. Glad it is only a few months out of the year. Keep in mind that show does not portray the reality of the haul road.

  4. #4shopguy2012-10-21 20:17

    Welcome Jeff

  5. #5CM19952012-10-21 20:37

    Welcome to the Forums Akjeff!:drinkup

  6. #6Colorado Digger2012-10-22 10:22

    Welcome to Hef. Looking forward from hearing more about Fairbanks.