Hello from down in beautiful Kerrville, TX in the heart of the Texas Hill Country! I'm semi-retired, and do work for an RV Park and campground, as well as a private wildlife preserve here in the Kerrville/Ingram area. I am largely self-taught as a mechanic and operator, and have experience on a variety of skid-steer machines, farm tractors, excavators, wheel loaders and recently a small (Cat DG3) dozer. Most of the work I do involves land clearing, including cedar and mesquite abatement and suppression, creating and maintaining unpaved vehicle access roads, trenching, and creation of RV pad sites and tent camping areas for the park. Our equipment includes a Cat D3G dozer, John-Deere 230 skid-steer, a couple of small Kubota 4WD tractors, a Massey-Ferguson **-231 high-wheel tractor, and many different attachments ranging from bush hog to loader, discs, spreaders, etc. I do all the equipment operating, the majority of the routine maintenance, and repairs, and work with the property owner/manager in planning and developing new work for the site expansion. An experienced dozer operator pointed me to this forum, which has been a valuable resource for me, especially as it relates to the learning curve I've had on the D3G. I've been a lurker for about three months, and have recently starting posting. I am in the process of evaluating new a new CTL equipment package for the park, including the tractor itself, as well as forestry mulcher/mower, rotary cutter, flail cutter and other potential attachments. Thanks to all the experienced folks who post here, and are willing to share tips, guidance and help the new guys learn!
Welcome to the forum AustinPSD. :usa Semi-retired, eh. Looks like your plenty busy!