Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello From NS. Canada

AJ RAPTOR ยท 2007-04-26 21:20

Hey everyone just thought I'd say hello. I just found this site on google and thought I'd join up after looking at some of the stuff on here. I'm a big time atv racer and make atv riding videos for me and friends. I always loved heavy equipment, I think it runs in the family. I been collecting 1:50 scale heavy equipment models for some time now. I'm about to go on a 15 week course to run heavy equipment I'm kinda nervous but can't wait to get at it at the sametime. I just hope its not some joke course like some of the ones going around here. Take care AJ

Replies12
  1. #1Countryboy2007-04-26 21:23

    Welcome to HEF AJ RAPTOR! :drinkup

  2. #2equipment fan2007-04-26 21:27

    welcome to the forums:notworthy ,happy to see another new member!

  3. #3Grader4me2007-04-27 05:40

    Welcome to the forum. If you don't mind me asking...where are you taking the course?

  4. #4AJ RAPTOR2007-04-27 10:19

    hey thanks for guys. Grader4me I am taking the course at Nova Scotia Community College / Kingstec Campus in Kentville not to far from where I live the course outline looks as if it will be a good course 7 weeks will be in a classroom and then 8 weeks will be out on the gear

  5. #5Grader4me2007-04-27 17:42

    I have relatives that live near Digby, so that's not to far from you. Good luck with the course!

  6. #6AJ RAPTOR2007-04-27 17:54

    Nope Digby is only about a 2 hours drive away from me. hehehe 1 hour and 15mins if you can plank it most of the way in a rav-4 . I worked out in digby a few times doing traffic control with Saftey First-SFC for NS Power lol. I worked about 8 hours got payed for 10 hours plus paid milage, and we didnt even have to do a set up. They were off road so we just sat on the pole trailer all day and talked hahahaha. Best $230 I ever made :cool2 .

  7. #7nobull12007-04-27 18:18

    Welcome to the forum, nice to see another Nova Scotian on here.

  8. #8Steve Frazier2007-04-27 23:06

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup Thanks for joining us!

  9. #9AJ RAPTOR2007-04-29 17:20

    Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm finding a lot of good info on this site as well. I only have one question tho. that is why cant I make a new topic? The only thing I can do is reply now :beatsme

  10. #10nobull12007-04-29 18:31

    I think after 5 posts you can do whatever you like. Brian

  11. #11Squizzy246B2007-04-29 19:04

    :naughty :naughty :naughty ... weellll there is a few rules

  12. #12AJ RAPTOR2007-04-29 19:13

    hahahaha are you sure theres rules this is the net remember j/k. yeah thanks guys for the info. I guess it shouldnt be to long now then, and you should be able to get some pics from when I'm on course if I can get some pics. I guess were gonna learn Excavators, Dozers,Backhoes,and Wheel Loaders