Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Howdy from NE Ohio

thebobcatkid86 ยท 2007-04-27 09:32

Hey guys, I am 20 y/o I have been running equipment since I was 16. I started out on skidsteers and soon after mini-ex's. Homeschooled from the 7th grade onward I had several consecutive jobs in general construction and remodeling. Saving most of my money from those jobs, at 18 I purchased my first piece of equipment, a skidsteer Bobcat 453 F. I have done lots of gravel work, some grading, a couple of patio excavations, etc. I primarily purchased this one because of size restrictions based on the truck I have to work with, a Dakota Quad Cab since it doubles as the family car as well. It was originally bought to tow a horse trailer but that never materialized. I still live at home with my folks, my sister, and my grandfather who now lives with us. I have always wanted to be a heavy equipment operator, from before I could walk according to my mom. I have occasionally contemplated working for an excavating company but it seems, at least Ive found, that most of the jobs around here in equipment operation are for heavy highway construction companies which I probably wouldnt mind. However, running a 20-ton excavator within 5 feet of moving traffic is more than my nerves can handle (Ive been there, just once, but Ive been there). So thats a little about me I look forward to many cheerful discussions about my favorite subject with fellow operators. Cheers

Replies3
  1. #1equipment fan2007-04-27 16:58

    welcome to the forum:notworthy

  2. #2Countryboy2007-04-27 18:30

    Welcome to HEF thebobcatkid86! :drinkup

  3. #3Steve Frazier2007-04-27 23:07

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup Thanks for joining us!