Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello From Taxachusetts

Kalashnikov ยท 2013-05-30 00:11

Hello from Taxachusetts. Always wanted to be a heavy equipment operator and being young and inexperienced no one around here is willing to hire me. So I figured I'll buy my own. Started with military trucks. I bought a Deuce and a half (M35A2) in 2009. Then I sold that in 2010 to get a bigger truck, a 5 ton XM818. Use to be a tractor but the PO converted it to a cargo truck. Got a Cummins NHC250 and Spicer 5 speed hi/low tcase 6x6. Couple months later I found a rare Mack M123A1C "10 ton" tractor. It's an old tank hauler rated to tow 120,000lbs OTR, 80,000lb offroad. 6x6 with a 45klb winch behind the cab. Cummins V8 300 B1 with a Mack transmission with an integral t-case (not sure of model #). 14r24 tires and full air brakes. Last fall I picked up a Case 1537 skid steer to help move the heavy parts when fixing things around the house and general yard work. Engine was tired when I got it and recently started smoking excessively and knocking. Also has a leaking lift cylinder. It's got a gas Wisconsin 4cyl engine. I'm picking up an 80s? Bobcat 743 in the next couple of day with the diesel Kubota 3cyl and enclosed cab with heat. I'd like to get a decent sized backhoe in the near future and then maybe an excavator afterwards. I think next on my list it probably a military 5 ton wrecker/crane truck. Either an M936, M816, or M543/62.

Replies3
  1. #1Kalashnikov2013-05-30 00:17

    Some more pics

  2. #2Steve Frazier2013-05-30 00:57

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!! Nice collection of trucks!

  3. #3Tiny2013-05-30 20:44

    With that kind of iron it shouldn't be a big deal for you to work in the dirt . Welcome Aboard