Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Very Green! – Danny

Danny-boy ยท 2013-05-28 06:52

My name is Daniel from Nigeria. I have been curious on heavy machines since my childhood days and had wanted to make a career in mechanical engineering unfortunately/fortunately I deviated. I am now a practicing cost engineer. I spend most of my free time on my farm but lately, I often get fascinated by construction works, especially the activities of earth moving equipment . I have gone through some of the interactions on this forum and feel this is the right place for me to rekindle that childhood dreams and also get educated on some of the heavy equipment of interest. My focus for now will be mainly of excavators. It is my pleasure to be with you on this forum. Cheers! Danny

Replies2
  1. #1oceanobob2013-05-28 08:11

    The view of a job/career is often quite different looking forward at the job and what one thinks it should be .... compared to actually what a particular job is. Welcome to the forum. FYI I once thought I'd school up to be a ME, but went for a ride on an underwater hole boring machine .... never made it back to the books ... it all works out if you keep your attitude right.

  2. #2Danny-boy2013-05-28 16:03

    @Oceanobob, Thank you for the response: apperantly, it appears it is not ONLY me that had, at one time, dreamt on one world then deviated to the other. How has the under water experience been? Guess your best arsnal musr be scuba diving gears? Cheers!