Hi there all. I have been a 'lurker' (oo-er!) for a reasonable while here and I'd like to introduce myself properly. My name is Dave Flew and I'm a qualified Mechanic/Panel Beater/Land Surveyor with more than a passing interest in Plant of all types. I have recently with my father, branched out into GPS Machine Guidance systems. It was a logical step for us as the UK market is pretty quiet in this area plus we can bring a whole lot of extra to the party, with our surveying, mapping and GPS expertise. We have been working hard with our business so far and we are now starting to supply and help our first few customers which is fantastic. I like to use this forum as it is packed with useful info, some of which has actually helped us work this out, or see how things are done, so we can better support our customers. I learn something everytime I have a lookie. I would like to become more involved with posting messages and I have some intersting pics that I'll be putting up over the coming months. First pic is me with a Topcon GPS unit, the second a near miss on a pipeline job and the last one is to help explain my username. Flewy is my nickname and the 86 is a reference to my 'AE-86' Corolla GT Coupe. Those with eagle eyes will note I have fitted a hedge trimmer attachment to it. Cheers, Flewy
Welcome mate .. Nice to see more UK folk gracing the boards.
Cheers, Ross!
hedgecutting welcome :drinkup hows visability when using the hedgecutter are you able to adjust your mirrors for a better veiw cheers graham
No problem mate ... Iam sure the rest of the Community are queuing up to say hello
Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Brit
Oi Oi Saveloy, innit bruv
Nice pic of the Hydrema (Daydreamer driving?)
Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums guys. Its good to see how those that didn't pre-qualify for export live.
A ruddy Bomford would you not get a McConnell and leave a decent finish on the poor hedge.
Welome flewy, what part of the S.West do you stand on your Perch. Happy New Year tctractors
That fair lump of rock is Brean Down, next to Weston-Super-Mare (where I live) Was a rather handy place for the base to be left all day without being pinched. Whereabouts are you based TCT? And whats you're line of work?
The trimmer is my Father in laws old one he px-ed on a new one, of which the brand completely escapes me at the mo!
Flewy, I come from a small Town called Upton upon Severn, just past Cheltenham, I scurry all over the U.K. working as a Mechanic (Bottom Feeder) working on just about anything (Bar JCB 3cx's) I would rather fix a Cement Mixer. tony coates
cool machine but it looks like its gonna go over the edge
Welcome to the forum looking forward to more pics and post.