Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello From Western Oregon

gtermini ยท 2015-05-29 18:23

Hello all. I've been lurking for a while and decided to make an account and join in. I grew up farming grass seed and wheat here in the Willamette Valley about an hour south of Portland. I went to Oregon Tech and got a BS in Mechanical Engineering in 2013. I bounced around a couple of place before I got a job at Oregon State University as the Development Engineer for the College of Engineering. I run a fair sized machine shop and build all the custom, one-off equipment for scientific research. I have the old iron sickness pretty bad and am trying to get started doing some heavy equipment repair, welding, and line boring on the side. Greyson

Replies4
  1. #1Oxbow2015-05-29 19:36

    Welcome gtermini!

  2. #2chroniekon2015-05-29 20:34

    Welcome. I grew up next door to you in Dayton. Also went to OTI

  3. #3lantraxco2015-05-30 01:03

    Howdy neigbor! Get yourself over to the Steam up in Brooks come the end of July and catch the restoring bug, LOL.

  4. #4gtermini2015-06-02 15:42

    I am no stranger to that place. I have couple hit and miss engines I probably wouldn't own if I'd never been there. Now days I've given up most of the fun and games to chase money. Greyson