Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from Western PA

Bubbalowe ยท 2016-12-04 13:14

My name is Doug and I found this forum searching for old steel mill images. A forum member Slagpot posted an image of a Kress pot carrier 6013 and I worked on it as a mechanic back in 1978. The image was taken at J&L Steel Aliquippa Works and Heckett Engineering was the owner. I've made a career busting knuckles on equipment, after the mills closed down going into the coal industry and finally ending at the railroad where my working days are nearing the end.

Replies1
  1. #1digger242j2016-12-04 16:25

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, Doug. I grew up in Pittsburgh itself, but nowadays I live pretty close to where that mill once stood. Never worked in any mill, but a long time ago I used to go down there to Duquesne Slag every now and then... .