Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello….Murray Trailers is here

Chaz Murray ยท 2007-10-28 19:06

Hi my name is Chaz Murray (guess that is kinda obvious from my screen name) My family owns and operates Harley Murray Inc. aka Murray Trailers. We have been in the Heavy Haul business since 1946 and building lowbed trailers since about 1948. Our claim to fame was the Mechanical Detachable gooseneck that we had a Patent on in 1967 and the design has basically stayed the same over the years. This year was our 61st year and still going strong. Currently we produce about 100-120 Lowbed trailers per year Ranging in size from 5 to 9 axles with a capacity of up to 180,000lbs. We are located in Stockton California and have been in the same location since 1946. I am sure anyone on this site from the west coast knows about our products but we are not very well known in the rest of the country and would like to try to change that Check out or website for products that we produce at www.murraytrailer.com (in the process of rebuilding the site so in a couple weeks should be some new pictures and video up)

Replies5
  1. #1surfer-joe2007-10-28 21:36

    Welcome to the site Chaz. I passed by your factory a couple of times there in Stockton, only wish I'd had time to stop in and visit. When I worked in Bakersfield, we had one of your main competitors trailers and it worked well. I know some other folks in Bakersfield that are running your trailers and they seem happy with them.

  2. #2Countryboy2007-10-28 21:37

    Welcome to HEF Chaz Murray! :drinkup

  3. #3CascadeScaper2007-10-29 03:45

    I've seen some of your work rolling around up here a while back. I think it was someone moving a D9 or D10, can't remember, but the trailer looked good!

  4. #4Chaz Murray2007-10-29 14:55

    Thanks...we dont have too many trailers up north...due to the fact that Oregon and Washington do not like the 16tire groupings... but we are starting to sell a few more with the low profile 3 axles so maybe you will start seein a few more.

  5. #5Chaz Murray2007-10-29 14:57

    Next time you are in the area feel free to stop in...Ill show ya around and even toss ya a couple t-shirts