Is anybody else getting hit? I live in the Chattanooga, TN area and it has rained everyday or every other day for almost two weeks!!! Not only has business slowed but now this! I feel like I am loosing my mind! Or moved to Seattle and didn't know it.....thanks had to vent
What part of Ireland are you in ????? seems to be normal enough weather for us .
XCAV8R, I feel your pain, had to look up the sun on the internet to remember what it looked like. Cleared off a nice pad here at the farm to build a shed for the loader and dump truck, have the trusses laying there and was planning on building it over the holiday break-too wet to build or even walk across it now. Probably wait until Memorial Day weekend
yeah....it sucks, truck is so dirty it is depressing.
I definetely feel your pain! Finally after 10 months, we started back to work on a large project, which has allowed a little $$$ flow but now the rains have set in and we can't get any work done!
All you folks griping about the rain need to go work for a while in Whittier or Valdez Ak. We did a job there in November and December a few years ago and it snowed over 12 feet on us. I bet we shoveled our barge off a hundred times. We'd shovel for a couple hours and get to the end, there would be 8" where we started. That was a few years ago and I swore I'd never cuss the rain again. My wife gets to cussing the rain and I tell her don't, the rains a beautiful thing. Matter a fact its raining like the big dog here now. When I get to work tonight there's gonna be a steady stream of water pouring off the stern of the Barge, and like I already mentioned, its gonna be a beautiful thing! LOL :thumbsup
Lash Thanks for the uplifting post. you have a way of making the complaints of some seem trivial. Can't wait for your project updates.
Snow??? We shut everything down in these parts when we get 1/2"...... which is a blizzard.
Hey it's suppose to be almost 70 degrees here tomorrow with sunshine! Let's move some dirt... ok wet dirt
I'd trade you weather! Over 24 inches in the past 24 hrs and more on the way!
You guys are great! Couldn't help but to sit here and smile. Thanks for the comments! Guess you have a point Lash, my wife has been on me about trying to be positive lately. God knows what we need, guess I was needing a break to sit back and reflect......keep up the good work men!:usa Those pics are great! Oh and the snow comment....if it is predicted around here you can't find milk and bread! They go ape here too...so funny.
Enjoy it while you are getting it! We are probably 24" short for the year. There is no winter grass for the cattle to graze do to the drought.
Okay ! How about "ICE" anyone need some of that. Getting that here now and got the same thing about this time last year and had ice all winter until spring,with lots of power outages. I'm sick of the weather this year.Ice storm last year,this spring floods,wet this fall and now a repeat of ice.Just call me Mister negative. Sorry long year and a half!:usa
What Part of South Texas are You From? What Part of South Texas are You From? I used to do a lot of Export business in McAllen and Laredo. We bought a lot of loads of good stock cows down there and traded them off up here 2 and 3 years ago. Thet were selling them 1 to 5 loads at a time by the pound. No age no Preg. It was unreal. Last year when it rained a little down there we started sending loads back. We sold a couple in San Marcos to a farmer, sold a couple at the Special in San Saba and traded a few loads off of a friends farm at Painted Rock. Then the rain quit and it was over with.
i agree. better snow than rain. we got 3 feet this week. if u could just dig it is fine but backfilling is tough . we plow snow from 2-6 dig 7-3 either sleep or push off and load. if i could load pics ury guys wud be suprised. yesterday we got 2 loads on a 15 min turn in 4.5 hrs.. u cant give up cuz everybody is hungry. merry x. mas
Shame for you living in the NORTHERN hemisphere. Here in the SOUTHERN hemisphere we have 37 degree C predicted for today. Yesterday was around 35. Have a holiday!! Which brings me to my next question: When do your building industries close down for a one month holiday, or more?? Ours closes on 15 December, and opens on 15 January. It closed here four days a go.
Sounds nice! We don't shut down business' around here for a month, they are dropping like flies(no pun intended), people going out of business like wildfires! It's good to see people respond from all over the world, really is amazing! Makes you look at things a little closer...I've been watching the weather after looking at some of the post on here and checking out all the snow and drought areas....from WA to NY to TX, wow the changes in climates are vast! Good luck and Merry Christmas to you guys!
I was working for Kelly Construction outta Birmingham. Since thanksgiving week, we worked 4 days. It was like being forced to quit and go home. Rain/cold/snow, they always found an excuse to not work. We were on contract with Goodhope Paving out there in Centre/Leesburg/Gadsen area. I sat in the hotel and went buggy daily.
A one month holiday? I would love one...or actually...I'd probably get mad bored! ointhead As for the rain...it's finally snowing here...time to go plow in a few hours an damybe make some dough. :cool2
Snowing here right now. We got a storm on Wed so that set me back a day but i plow driveways too for the extra money, now it is snowing again so i will be out tomorrow plowing my route again. Weather forecast for Sunday night into Monday morning is snow so i will be plowing again Monday. Pennies from heaven is what we call it here. Every day it snows it sets me back a day on my work schedule but at least i am still making money from it.
Yeah we have been rained out since the Dec. 9th. The building pad I have been working on is ruinned. They want gravel on it by the 21st. I laughed at them and told them they will get it next year.
Well, we on 'summer break':usa right now. Got 7 & 1/2 weeks, probably would be shorter if our shool wasn't procured by Education department for matric marking. i suppose we should be grateful for small mercies!?:beatsme
here in qld a 1/2" of snow would be a national disaster
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh... Not buyin' it - you guys got some CRAZY dozers down there, that's all you need. You'd probably end up rich!
We had 2 rain days week before last. This week they shut down for the hoilday.
Shut down for a month??? We will leave that strictly for the communist/socialist/leftist countries. Our unions have already caused the demise of our auto industry...we don't need any more "time off"!! :shf
been off work for a week and a half now due to snow.us usually only get about 4" a year here so it allways shuts us down
Well I got two septic systems in and cut a driveway in(Mon-Wed.) and of course more rain....I do count my blessings but I'm almost out of stuff to sale.
I camr through your neighborhood on Sat evening,and then returned on tues. It was raining on Sat., Took me 45 min. from the timezone change on I24 to the rest area going east. wasn't to bad coming back.I think that it was still trying to rain then. Anyhow,Hope things are looking up for you!!!!!!!!
Hey thanks, I know exactly where you were, that is a tricky spot at times. Seems like more and more traffic these days. Ah we're gonna make it. Got more rain this week though. Was watching the local weather last week and they said we had almost 10" of rain in Dec. LMAO, we don't get that much all summer. Very humbling to say the least. Later
Every year I say I am going to be more prepared for this time of the year. Guess whar!It hasn`t happened yet. It is very depressing watching it rain every day and worrying about equipment notes,taxes,insurance,occupational- licenses and such. North Louisiana is terrible in the winter unless you like extreme mud.
I'm glad I'm in a crane today, much of Southern BC and Vancouver Island is under a flood warning due to higher than normal snow falls, and now combined with torrential downpours. I was driving by a school yesterday and saw a sign picker truck, with a medium duty tow truck stuck from all the moisture in the ground, the bigger wrecked was just showing up to pull them both out.
Supposed to have 4" by the morning! Been raining again since last night!:Banghead
Well strangely enough we have had a month of dry weather with severe frosts for the last week or so land is drier now than last summer and autunm. Stock