Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help!

Walap42 ยท 2014-07-15 21:50

Need axle/s for Ericson Industries, ERIC 2548. Or a line on a great machinist who can rebuild the one that broke.

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2014-07-15 23:26

    Try these guys: http://www.axleandspindlerepair.com/contact.html I've never used them, but they're connected with Axlemaster. The Axlemaster outfit I dealt with in Portland Oregon was aces, did some amazing repairs for us.

  2. #2Walap422014-07-16 08:04

    Thanks, I'll be calling them.

  3. #3wolf442014-07-20 11:18

    buy new! that should not be repaired. looks like a bad heat treat and possibly bad material. just my 2 cents worth. any of the drag racing axle makers can make that for you in grat materials and a fair price.

  4. #4Walap422014-08-12 09:10

    Thanks. I have a line on a shop in MA, and you're right - The "new" is less expensive than repair. I think I will get a spare while I'm at it.

  5. #5Johnny562015-03-05 12:18

    Help!!! I have a Ford cl20 which I was told is the same as an Erickson 2548 where did you get your axles Thanks