Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help….

Seth Gilbert-Epstein · 2018-02-10 13:29

I have a 2007 s175 diesel machine After 60 min useage this morning I shut it off, when I went to restart I had no electric I checked all fuses and one was broken it was the F2 15amp I jumped and turned the key to on, (it lit up like it should and hadn’t without the fuse) then turned the key to start. It went blank without cranking. I checked the fuse again and it looked fine. I checked all other fuses, no issues. I replaced the initial fuse anyway just in case. Nothing? Help, any suggestions?

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2018-02-10 14:46

    Get a $3 multimeter and spend ten minutes on Youtube learning how to use it. That will be far more effective than me guessing or waiting for someone to come along who has had the f2 fuse blow from a funny problem. Go back to the battery and check voltages from there while trying to crank. That sounds like what a loose battery terminal or ground connection will do sometimes, light up at first, but lose the connection with the draw from the starter.

  2. #2Seth Gilbert-Epstein2018-02-10 14:50

    You are 100% correct. I was able to determine it wasn’t the fuse, the battery was worn out and not accepting a charge. I had used it all morning to plow I was able to jump it and get it in the garage. Charging the battery, but will likely replace it Thanks for your help!

  3. #3crewchief8882018-02-11 09:11

    off the top of my head i couldnt tell you what fuse 2 is for, but.. by the symptoms you describe it may be the alt/kits fuse. if your machine has a BU alarm the problem may be with one of the switches or the alarm itself. charge or replace the battery, and clean the cables ends until they are bright and shiny. start the machine and check voltage you should be seeing 14.3 (or so, at the starter) and should be steady all the way to full throttle.

  4. #4Rob Gunn2018-02-12 16:24

    Anyone notice that batteries these days go bad just like that, with no warning. What changed over the years? I can remember years ago that a battery would start to lose power and give you some warning that it was get tired and going to need to be replace. Now batteries can be just fine one second and then bad the next with no warning.