Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help

Edward Bezanson ยท 2022-09-11 19:25

I have a 2006 JD310sg, I was pushing some dirt and it quit moving, in forward or reverse. After fiddling around with the controls it started moving, thankfully because I was in the middle of the road. I drove it off the road and it quit moving again and has not moved since. I shut it down to put tranny fluid in it and found out it was at a perfect level. I went to restart it and it would not turn over. I have checked what I know with no luck. At this point I am thinking the machine is not recognizing forward, reverse or neutral. The fuses are good, the solenoid by the fuses clicks, but I do not know what to do. I have a mechanic coming in two weeks but I have to complete this road project asap. If you have any info to share I sure would appreciate it.

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-09-11 20:36

    Welcome to HEF, Edward ! A serial number is need to get accurate help. The battery may be your problem have you checked it for voltage, and the cable connections ?

  2. #2Delmer2022-09-11 23:10

    I don't know much about your model, but I bet it's electrical. Without a wiring diagram, start with Tinkerer's suggestions, then go to the key switch, then try to find the run and start solenoids, usually under the right "armrest" controls. A power probe is worth the money if you're not comfortable with a multimeter, like back of your hand familiar, use it with your eyes closed comfortable.

  3. #3Vetech632022-09-12 08:06

    As said above, check the battery charge and connections. If you get it started, check the charge rate of the alternator.