Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HELP 302.5 dead in the water

Jacob D Gambill ยท 2019-01-12 13:27

I have a 2002 CAT 302.5. Yesterday i needed to unload it to go get a different piece of equipment. It had been about 2 weeks since it had been started and we have had a cold snap. I ended up having to jump it. I backed it off of the trailer and was sitting the boom down when it shut off. I now have no power, no lights, no horn, no lights on guages. It is also blowing the ignition fuse as soon as you put it in (without a key in the ignition). Battery checks ok. Any ideas?

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2019-01-12 13:56

    What checks did you make that lead you to believe that the battery is OK..?

  2. #2Jacob D Gambill2019-01-12 13:57

    Took the battery to napa and had it tested

  3. #3Nige2019-01-12 14:12

    It must be a 4AZ prefix. Is the Serial Number above or below 4AZ05768..?

  4. #4Jacob D Gambill2019-01-12 14:30

    4AZ03631 4AZW05358

  5. #5Nige2019-01-12 15:03

    Here's the Electrical Schematic. Is it blowing the 10A fuse for the key start switch..? (Page 8, Grid Ref. D-3) If so try leaving the fuse out and see if you have a functioning horn and a dome lamp.

  6. #6Jacob D Gambill2019-01-12 15:29

    SOLVED: It ended up being 2 wires smashed under the right arm rest