Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HELP!!!!

Swallace95 · 2025-11-25 08:44

Takeuchi TL230-2. Issue: Limp mode, lap bar light is on when bar is down. Troubleshooting Completed: Tried to jump the proximity switch, it would move for a second and then back to limp mode. Would blow a fuse every 10 seconds. Changed the proximity switch, lap bar light is still on but not blowing fuses. Still in limp mode. I was thinking if it was the plug from the switch to the wiring harness if I could just splice the wires together or if it is something deeper!!

Replies7
  1. #1Coaldust2025-11-25 11:17

    It’s deeper. They use a Hall Effect sensor, as a Seat switch. So, you can’t easily jump it.

  2. #2PeterG2025-11-25 13:40

    Are you talking about the relays in the foot panel? They go bad all the time.

  3. #3heymccall2025-11-25 15:15

    Arm bar, glow relay and alternator all appear to be on same fuse.

  4. #4Swallace952025-11-26 08:10

    So do you know of a solution?

  5. #5Swallace952025-11-26 08:10

    Yes, that is correct

  6. #6Swallace952025-11-26 08:11

    Yes, and I am aware. It was blowing after the wires were jumped and i would move the machine 5 feet. It would blow causing it to go back into limp mode.

  7. #7Coaldust2025-11-26 13:07

    I’m not a subject matter expert on this product, but most seat sensors are similar across brands. Some brands, like Bobcat, sell a test harness you plug in to bypass the safety system. Or, you can use a magnetic to trick the sensor.