Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help! 410D Axle replacement

Deputy Swan ยท 2016-03-13 22:11

Hello, I recently bought a 410D that is in decent shape, just has broken rear axle and owner wanted to part ways with it since he bought a new machine when axle broke. Anyways I got a good used axle for it, today I went and started working on it, the old axle was broke off right at the end of the housing. I got all the bolts out, dropped the carrier bolts, and for the love of god I cant get the axle housing to come off the rear end, it seems like it is hitting the frame work to soon to let it slid by. I also noticed the axle seemed to slide in some while i was working it, so I welded a rod to axle hoping i can pull it out easier. What do I need to do here, does the whole rear end need to be let down? I hope not.. I read somebody on here said no to that. any advice please Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Deputy Swan2016-03-13 22:18

    BTW it is a 1994 model