Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help 880d

880d ยท 2015-10-11 16:28

I have a case 880D excavator that up to now runs great I got in it and as always I just tap the key and it starts up I never had a problem I used it for about 1hr when back later to start it and got a buzz from the ignition like it had dead battery I replaced the 2 batteries also replaced terminal ends now I don't get anything I have power to the ignition but no horn no blower motor will come on it is like I have no batteries but I have power to the ignition???????????? Anymore got helpful :Banghead

Replies10
  1. #1Shimmy12015-10-11 17:41

    I know it's probably a dumb question, but have to ask. Did you hook it up in series?

  2. #2John C.2015-10-11 19:20

    Which make of engine does that machine have?

  3. #3880d2015-10-11 19:33

    It can only go way

  4. #4880d2015-10-11 19:41

    It can only go one way

  5. #5Shimmy12015-10-11 20:00

    I would guess it has a 336BDT. That's what our 880B had.

  6. #6sheepfoot2015-10-11 20:33

    The 880D has a 6T590 case cummins engine and is a 24 volt system.

  7. #7sheepfoot2015-10-11 21:07

    On your batteries neg goes to the master switch and then to the end of starter, + hooks to the neg of the second battery, + then goes to the starter solenoid. You may like said be just getting 12 volts and not the 24 Volts needed.

  8. #8880d2015-10-12 06:51
  9. #9880d2015-10-12 07:00

    New batteries went back the same way ground to ground . Switch works I get power to ignition and with the key on I get no horn or heater blower motor won't go on I changed the porcelain resistor witch asks like a main fuse I also tested the ignition switch

  10. #10ddigger2015-10-12 11:33

    I would guess the battery relay switch has failed.