Gents I'm considering purchasing a 1999 Cat 330BL for some smaller earthworks projects I have starting soon. The machine has 12000 hrs on it with a 2.9m stick and is piped for a hammer and coupler. I know the company that has previously owned it since new and they have kept the machine serviced as per manual and have always used quality oils and Cat filters. We have a 336D on our fleet which I rate highly and has been very reliable, I was just wondering your thoughts would be on the 330b, are they a decent machine? Any thing I need to look out for etc Thanks
I have around 1000 hours on a 330 bl. Back when it came out it was a great machine. They are quite durable. Compared to modern machines it's very thirsty on fuel and pretty slow. If that's all your budget is it wouldn't be a bad machine but if you can find a lower hour c series you wouldn't regret it.